APOLOGIES FOR THE DELAY FLOPPERS
Category Archives: Uncategorized
As Gilbert Arenas headed into the locker room during halftime of the Miami Heat game something very unexpected happened to the “Hibachi”. No an injury didn’t mysteriously appear on Arenas, rather Gilbert was handed both custody and child support papers. Gilbert’s ex-girlfriend Laura Mendoza Govan filed claims against Gilbert, claiming that he “financially cut off” his three kids. Gilbert now owes $1.3 million per year ($109,000 monthly) in child support payments. In the words of Nick Spano, Laura “you want another one?”
Gilbert responded, “Everything I say is reaction for something I did…She got served, so now she wants to say something on TV, that’s all it is. I don’t pay attention to it. My lawyer said I can take it because … it’s just reactions to reactions.” Whatever that means Hibach. Next time just threaten Laura with a gun, she may not pursue you as relentlessly.
Believe it or not on Thursday night a hockey game was played between the Boston Bruins (52-30) and Dallas Stars (52-30) at the TD Garden arena. However, if you were watching the game or actually at the game you might be confused at the onset as to what sport was actually being played. It seemed like Vince McMahon may have been behind this game all along as within the first 4 seconds of regulation 3 fights occurred.
It started immediately after faceoff when Gregory Campbell of Boston threw down with Dallas’ Steve Ott. After a second faceoff, about a half second later Boston’s Shawn Thornton showed off his Ali muscles against Kyle Barch of Dallas.
Now at this point one would think a hockey game was to be played…BUT after all this is HOCKEY and fighting is actually part of the Hockey spectacle.
SOOO two seconds after yet another faceoff, a third fight ensued between Boston’s Adam McQuaid and Dallas’ Brian Sutherby, where Sutherby got JACKEDD UP.
- Fight 1: Ott wins in a close one, Campbell never wanted in on this fight.
- Fight 2: A true classic between Thornton and Bart. This duel is a rematch from November of 08 and was well worth the popcorn. Thornton wins in the end as “he catches him with the right over the top” (announcer voice).
- Fight 3: Adam McQuaid wins in unanimous fashion.
Gary Bettman, NHL’s Commissioner definitely has the announcers take courses in how to call a boxing match. Listen and watch for yourself Floppers…
One thing is for sure, the Green Bay Packers will not be feeling too hot after the Superbowl. According to Dallas Cowboy players, the Home Team locker room showers at Cowboys Stadium “hasn’t had much hot water for postgame showers.” Jason Witten told ESPN, “You get a little chilly when you get out of there.”
Green Bay is the home team and from recent comments is already affected by the news. ESPN’s Todd Archer reports that “Several Packers were taken aback by the news. Linebacker A.J. Hawk asked his former Ohio State teammate Bobby Carpenter about the stadium and the former Cowboy did not mention the lack of hot water.”
In addition, Green Bay’s right tackle Bryan Bulaga said, “Wow, that puts a damper on the day…Cold water? I’m just saying, how much did that stadium cost: $1.2 billion? Get a hot a water tank.”
WOW. I never thought I’d say this but inexperience seems to be hurting Green Bay during the two week layoff before the Superbowl. It began early last week when the entire organization made a huge deal about players on the IR not being included in the “Superbowl Team Photo“. It got to a point where Aaron Rodgers had to call Nick Barnett to explain the situation and provide Barnett with his backing. Rodgers told ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio that he and Barnett, “Ironed things out. I didn’t think there needed to be an apology on either side.”
Now players are worried about a cold postgame shower? Green Bay do yourselves a favor…WORRY about the game that is being played on Sunday because it is a pretty big one. Don’t worry about fat boy McCarthy having to move the team photo back a few days or Jerry Jones’ deficiencies in designing a new stadium (remember the megatron haha), get ready for the game because you can be damn sure Tomlin and Company are.
E Poll Market Research conducted a survey amongst 1,000 adult sports fans asking them to rank active players, coaches, owners or commentators on a dislike scale ranging from “Dislike Somewhat” to “Dislike” to “Dislike a Lot.” Each person that was surveyed needed to have at least a 10% minimum awareness score in order to be included, so Peter King for example would probably not have his score counted.
The Top Ten Most Disliked People in Sports….
- Al Davis (68% dislike)…No surprise here, the guy is a straight up jackass. “Creepy” was the most common word used to describe Al and I could not have described big Al better myself.
- Michael Vick (56% dislike)…His dislikedness dropped 13 points from last year but the PETA faithful is still at no.2. I mean I guess I am a little surprised because I thought Vick helped turn his image around after this year….but when you treat dogs as if they should play Jesus in the Passion of The Christ I guess there ain’t much sympathy for you out there, and rightfully so.
- Jerry Jones (53% dislike)…Although I like that Jerry genuinely cares about his BOYS, he is just flat-out annoying. Jerry, hire some coach with discipline because unlike some teams in the NFL your team needs a coach that has discipline written all over him. Then you should go hang in your box seat with a martini, watch the game, maybe get a massage at halftime (with a happy ending of course :)), and watch your Cowboys blow it in the final 2 minutes of the game because it is inevitable, so at least enjoy it.
- Tiger Woods (52% dislike)…I actually like Tiger more now than I did before his whole “balls to the wall” campaign. But it is the opposite with America, especially since Tiger is playing as good as John Daly the past two years. Tiger I think you need to get back out on the market player, and get some women back in your life because “YOU ARE SINGLE AGAIN” (Austin Power’s voice). Tiger is clearly sexually frustrated and that is effecting his game on and off the “playing field.” Tiger call up Big Ben after the Superbowl, I am sure there are some college bars with pretty big bathroom areas that you two can have a “blast” in.
- Manny Ramirez (50% dislike)…Come On America. Manny is the Man. But apparently his lazy, I don’t give a shit attitude does not sit well with some Americans. The only thing that got me to dislike Manny was when he was taking fertility pills, I mean C’MON MANNN…but it was pretty sweet how he fell asleep in the Green Monster and wouldn’t run full speed to first while with Boston.
- Terrell Owens (47% dislike)…According to E Poll individuals either love or hate TO. Understandable. I just hope he doesn’t get another VH1 reality TV show because not only did the TO Show BLOW but TO has no game with the ladies. Nothing like the man himself FLAVORRRR FLAVVVVVV! TO you need to honestly GO from my life and probably most Americans.
- Albert Haynesworth (46% dislike)…No surprise here. When you are the Highest Paid Defensive Player in the league and refuse to participate in offseason drills, conditioning, and practice because you do not want to play noseguard in a 3-4; you truly are a jerkoff. Albert would have been higher on the list if (A) more people knew who Albert Haynesworth was and (B) if more Washington Redskins were included in the survey.
- Mark McGwire (43% dislike)…I plead the 5th.
- Bob Knight (43% dislike)…WHATTT? Bob Knight is not only my DUDE but he has also made the media side of college basketball that much more entertaining. I mean who else throws chairs on the court, curses off reporters and calls out and scares his own players.
- Randy Moss (41% dislike)…After being dropped from two organizations (Patriots and Vikings) where your play was superb it may indicate that you (Randy) may have lost it upstairs. America seems to agree.
What is the best way to prepare for the one and the only SUPERBOWLLLL…….. WELL……………………….Hit up “Make it Rain Monday” at the Strip Club. Hell YEAAAAA.
The Dallas Morning News reports that hours after getting of the plane Hines Ward, Ike Taylor and numerous other members of the Pittsburgh Steelers went directly to Dallas Gentlemen’s Club. According to the Huffingtonpost, upon entering Ward and teammates were bombarded by strippers, receiving lap dances in the VIP and throughout the entire club. Apparently, Hines Ward was the man who “Made it Rain” all night, throwing dollar bills everywhere as if he was at SUES (for my Mount Vernon Homies).
Where was Big Ben?
- Well he was probably at home studying his playbook. No that doesn’t sound quite right.
- He was at local bar relaxing on a few lagers. Maybe, but Ben is crazier than that.
- He was in the area looking for a college bar to get his creep on. Very possible, but I mean it is Superbowl week and Ben will probably wait during the offseason to get his inner creep back on.
- GOT IT….Ben got there early, reserved the bathroom area, and was Making It Rain all over the strippers standing on toilet seats. GET IT BIG…..BENN
The NBA dunk contest used to be an event where the best ‘dunkers’ in the NBA would have fun, put on a show, and show off their skills. Isn’t LeBron James one of the best dunkers in the NBA? Why has he never joined the dunk contest?
Maybe he thinks their is no good competition? or Maybe he’s too scared of losing? No one knows the answer. But everyone knows that him and Nike are extra careful of branding his image, even though they fugged that up the last two years. After LeBron was dunked on by Jordan Crawford at a summer basketball camp, members of Nike seized cell phones and camera footage of the dunk.
In the end it only made it look worse for LeBron. The dunk itself was not directly over LeBron and it’s a game LeBrons not god he can’t block everything. It was eventually going to leak why not just let it out instead of trying to cover it up. So as LeBron and Nike made the wrong decisions as they always do, his image continues to go downhill.
Join the dunk contest you dumbass. You should have when you were younger but why not now. Why not after your image went downhill. What better to make fans watch and love you again. Sure winning a championship might earn you some respect but your expected to. LeBron will have to win more than one championship to be loved by fans again.
LeBron could say he just wants to win and does not mind if hes compared to Kobe or MJ when his career is over. #bullshit. Any competitor in any sport wants to be considered the best. And if Nike wants to make him similar to Black Mamba & His Airness why not have him join the contest. Scared he’ll lose? Who cares, Kobe Bryant lost to Vince Carter and it hasn’t affected his image. As far as Jordan the jumpman logo that LeBron wears on his shoes was born in the dunk contest when Jordan took off from the free throw line.
As far as I see it the dunk contest could only help LeBrons image. Unless he’s that unoriginal and uncreative or is just flat out scared of Blake Griffin.
Every player that was considered to be a great dunker has joined the contest. Every star in the NBA today has taken part in the contest (except for teammate D Wade, but his best dunks are in traffic. Might not look as amazing on an open floor.)
Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudemire, Josh Smith, Rudy Gay, J.R. Smith, Vince Carter and Tracy Mcgrady. These are considered to be the best dunkers in the NBA (the last 2 are old now but were). LeBron grow a sack and do what you love to do.
…it’s at the end of every add you have “just do it” foo.
What seemed to be a cool commercial at the time now seems as if it’s another one of LeBron & Nikes ways to get around questionable decisions & negative publicity. P.S. That jam is winning nooo contest. Check out the best ever.
The famous free sports/live TV website ATDHE.NET has been shutdown and seized by US Homeland Security.
I for one used to use the site whether I was at work, or trying to follow my fantasy football team during the season instead of paying my life savings for Dish-Network and the NFL Sunday Ticket. Good to see that the Government is more occupied with shutting down a website that most college students used to follow their TV Shows or Favorite Sports team, then trying to save them money in student loads. Great priorities!
I posted the news on my twitter account, and with-in the first 5 minutes I’ve had 10+ replies expressing their frustrations, as most of them ARE College Students and or people under the age of 30, who financially can’t afford the very expensive packages (NBA League Pass, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc)
This sucks, oh well, off to find the next underground streaming website. Stupid Government!